Hotel Policies & Fees
- Guests must have at least one adult aged 19 or older registered to each room.
- Check-in time is any time after 3PM. (Early check-in requests cannot be guaranteed) Our Concierge Desk will be happy to store luggage until the room is ready to be occupied.
- Early Check-in Charges:
- 9am – 11am: $50.00
- 11am – 2pm: $30.00
- 2pm onward: N/C (based on availability)
- Check-out time is 11AM. (Late check-out requests will be accommodated where possible and may be subject to additional charges)
- Late Check-out Charges:
- 11am – Noon: N/C (based on availability)
- Noon – 1pm: $30.00
- 1pm – 3:00pm: $50.00
- The Hotel considers guests aged 17 and under to be children. Children 17 & under will stay free in the same room as a paying adult when using existing bedding. Our Front Desk must be advised of the exact number of adults and children at time of booking.
- Room Occupancy– Fire code permits a maximum of 5 guests in a room depending on room category. Some room types have a maximum occupancy of less than 5.
- Extra Person Charge– All room rates are based on single or double occupancy. An additional charge of $10.00 per person/per night plus taxes will apply for additional Adult guests over 2.
- Rollaway Beds & Playpens– Rollaways are $15.00 per night plus taxes and are provided based on availability. Playpens are FREE and available on request.
- Parking– self parking is FREE on our hotel property. Please ensure you remove any valuables from your vehicle.
- WiFi– FREE in guest rooms and common areas.
- Specific Room Requests– We will do our best to hold specific room numbers or room locations although we cannot guarantee as unforeseen circumstances can occur.
- Petsare welcome at the Days Inn Nanaimo with 4 Pet-Friendly Guest Rooms available.
* Domestic dogs (50 lbs or less) Domestic Cats are subject to Management approval.
* Pet Fee is: $18.00 per pet/per day (max 2.)
* Pets must be kept in control at all times and must not be left unattended in guest rooms. Any restitution provided to other guests for complaints due to noise from pets will be charged to Pet Owner accordingly. Pet Owner will be asked to provide his/her Cell Phone number at check-in.
* Pets are not allowed on beds or furniture
* Pets are not allowed in pool area or fitness room.
* Owners must pick up after their dog.
- Smoking Policy– the Days Inn Nanaimo is proud to provide a 100% Smoke Free Environment for our Guests & Staff. An additional $200.00 cleaning fee will be levied for smoking in guest rooms. Smoking is not permitted within 3 meters of doors, windows or vents. Please ask Front Desk Staff where the designated Smoking Areas are located on Hotel property.
- Damage/Theft– we reserve the right to charge Guests the cost of theft of hotel property and/or rectifying damage caused by the deliberate, negligent or reckless act of the Guests to the Hotel’s property or structure. Should this theft or damage come to light after the Guest’s departure, we reserve the right to make a charge to the Guest’s credit/debit card or send an invoice for the amount to the registered address.
PAYMENT POLICIES / DEPOSIT INFORMATION
- A valid major credit card is required at time of booking. If a credit card is not available, your reservation will only be held for a minimal time period and will be subject to release.
- A valid major credit card is also required at check in along with a valid piece of photo ID.
- The Days Inn Nanaimo accepts all major credit cards including Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover Card. Cash and Interac payments are also accepted – see note below. Personal cheques are not accepted unless prior approval is obtained from our Accounting Department.
- A pre-authorization will be taken at time of check-in to cover the full stay including taxes with an additional $200.00 to cover any incidentals or damage that may occur during the Guest’s stay.
- Cash, Debit Cards and Pre-Paid Credit Cards are accepted for payment at check out only.
- Companies wishing to pay with their company credit card must request a Third Party Credit Card Authorization Form link be emailed to them for completion. These documents must be completed and submitted to the Hotel a minimum 24 hours prior to the arrival of their Guest. This method of payment is not accepted from individual Guests.
- Guaranteed reservations at the Days Inn Nanaimo must be cancelled by 4PM, 24 hours prior to arrival date to avoid cancellation penalties. If you wish to cancel your reservations within the 24 hour period, the 1st night room & taxes will be applied to your credit card.
- Group reservations are subject to the cancellation and deposit policies outlined in the Group Confirmation at time of booking and may vary from standard hotel policies.
- Hotel stays at the Days Inn Nanaimo are subject to applicable taxes totalling 15%. Taxes are comprised of 8% Provincial Sales Tax (PST), 5 % Goods & Services Tax (GST) and 3% Municipal Regional Hotel Tax (MRHT).
- All rates are confirmed and will be charged in Canadian dollars. As currency exchange rates fluctuate on a daily basis, the hotel cannot guarantee a specific rate of exchange, therefore is not able to provide currency exchanges.
ADVANCE PURCHASE/NON-REFUNDABLE RATES
- Full pre-payment is required for this reservation – your credit card will be charged immediately. These rates are non-refundable and are not available to groups.
- Group Rates– please contact our Group Sales Department when booking a group of 8 rooms or more. When booking multiple rooms online, please indicate “1 of 2, 2 of 2” etc. in the comments’ section’. This will avoid rooms being cancelled in error and increase the possibility of your rooms being in the same area of the hotel.
- The Hotel considers anyone aged 60 and over as a Senior and offer discounted Senior Rates (5 – 15% off Rate of the Day). Picture ID may be requested at check-in.
BCAA/CAA/AAA MEMBER RATES
- The Hotel offers discounted rates to members of various Auto Clubs. Membership card is required at check-in.
- The Hotel offers Provincial & Federal Government rates to Government Employees. Government ID is required at check-in.